With all the severe storms during the past couple of years, a record number of roofs in North Texas neighborhoods have been replaced or repaired.
But many homes are still in need of roofing work. Why?
1) The homeowner knows that damage has been done, but has not had their roof repaired or replaced yet, because the home is not leaking. They plan to schedule it later and/or have not selected a roofing contractor yet. If this is the case for you, please be aware that most insurance companies write 2 checks: an initial check and then, after the roofing work is completed, a second check, which is called a depreciation check. There is a finite amount of time in which insurance companies will issue a depreciation check. Typically, it can range from 6-18 months after the initial check is written. If you have sustained damage and have not selected a roofer yet, please contact us at 214.503.7663. We would love to be your roofer.
2) The damage was not apparent after the storms. During a hailstorm, most hail that hits a home’s roof may be too small to cause damage. However, a percentage of the hail may be larger or oddly shaped and can cause damage that may not be readily apparent and may not start leaking until a later date. Additionally, the high wind, rain and heat in North Texas since the hailstorms may have put further stress on prior damage. What to check for:
- Are you seeing more granules in your gutters and downspouts?
- Do you have missing or loose shingles now?
- If you think you may have sustained roof damage and have not already had your roof inspected by a professional, please call Scott Exteriors for a roof inspection (at no charge and under no obligation).
3) The home was re-roofed after the storms by an out-of-town roofer, but now the homeowner is having problems with the roof and can’t reach the original roofing company to service their warranty. If you are in this unfortunate situation, please call Scott Exteriors at 214.503.7663. We can help.